Monday, November 26, 2012

When He Says Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain, You Ignore the Man Behind the Curtain.

Illusion. Delusion...

I made the mistake of looking up the website of one of my favorite new singers. The musician has a voice that fuels my dreams of dropping everything and working at a diner on a beach. In my head, he is 30ish with wind blown brownish-blonde hair. His tan bod is dressed in an open collar white shirt and well worn jeans. And he is barefoot.

Not that I have given it much thought.

(Here is where my husband would like it to be known that 'He told me so'.)

You remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz where the wizard is hiding behind a curtain warning Dorothy not to look? It was like that but instead of the kindly wizard Dorothy discovered Conway Twitty. No wait, that was me. I know I sound shallow. You should never judge a person by their looks but come on! Dreamy Bobby Sherman voice...with a Conway Twitty head. 

And to prove that I am not a hater: 

Me, with my very own Conway Twitty Hairdo.
Twitty Hair. Its not good for anyone. (Except of course  for Mr. Twitty, who seemed to do alright.)

(And, to be fair, the guy mentioned in the above ramble is an awesome musician and I refuse to put his name here because I am still holding out hope that one day I might meet him and get to tell him how much I love his music and once we have bonded over our mutual love of beaches and sailing he will be open to my suggestion for a haircut. I am thinking something more Bruce Willis and less Twitty-bird...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a Hairnet sighting? Other weirdness?