Friday, February 8, 2013

Peri-Menopausal Women Gone Wild...just doesn't sound quite the same...

I never went on 'spring break'. Yet here I am at 50-something looking at what can only be described as 'Don't Wind Up in A Mexican Prison or Get Kidnapped by Mexican Drug Lords – Almost Spring but Not Really for Another Five Weeks – Break'.

I have only had three 'girl trips' in my life. One was an overnight shopping trip with my closest friend and our daughters. Two moms, two teen girls in one hotel room. It went surprisingly well, although we almost crashed a wedding...

The next was an overnight for this same friend's birthday. Four women, one hotel room, cruising up and down the 'club' strip on the Coast of Illinois. There may have been some glass bottles at the hot tub...

The most recent was a bachelorette party with these same women. The bride's sister-in-law joined us and as she was the newest member I am blaming her for the dancing. On the bar. There was also an incident with a State Senator and his 'daughter'. No, really, I am sure she was his daughter. Yea, pretty sure... And did I mention the cooler full of alcohol which dumped over in the hotel lobby on Sunday morning as we were leaving? No? Well, probably shouldn't mention it anyway what with the underage help and the fact that we were all wearing semi-rude t-shirts advertising vodka....

So now thanks to a spur of the moment invite from a work friend, her awesome friends in Mexico who are hosting us, and the best husband in the world who understands how crazy I can be sometimes, I am heading for Cabo san Lucas for nearly five days. Three women, international travel, Mardi Gras...What could possibly happen?


I have not left the country for over twenty years. Back then the travel restrictions were for 'obvious' things like knives and guns. And now I have to travel with one quart size bag full of three ounce or smaller bottles of anti-aging creams and 150 proof sunblock. Oh yea, this ought to go well.

(If you want to know why 'obvious' is in quotes and italics click here for what happened the last time I traveled outside the USA.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a Hairnet sighting? Other weirdness?